When hiring an artist for a commission project – you should expect: enthusiasm, professionalism, fair-pricing, attention to detail, the ability to deliver what the client desires and the ability to complete the project on time. You will find all of these characteristics when you sign up for a commission art project with Artist John Ross Palmer.
Palmer’s commission process proceeds as follows:
- Palmer meets with the client to discuss the size and scope of the project. It is at the time that you should provide at much detail to Palmer as possible. At the same time, if the art project is inspired by photographs, a providing a limited number of your “favorite” photographs is appreciated;
- Palmer will then provide the collector with a written proposal that often gives multiple size and price options;
- The collector selects their desired option and then pays a 50% deposit;
- Palmer works on a sketch or mock-up of the piece(s) and presents it to the client for review. At this point in time the client should offer any and all potential edits to color and substance of the painting(s);
- Palmer begins work on the project and reaches a point where he believes it is “ready”; and
- The project is unveiled to the collector and then the collector is given one opportunity to suggest artist edits. Once Palmer makes all potential edits in good faith, the remaining 50% balance is due. The project is then signed, sealed, delivered and installed.
A commission project with Houston’s John Ross Palmer will offer you first-class customer service and a truly priceless experience to collaborate with the artist.
If the commission project is a gift or surprise, please communicate that to Palmer from the onset so that he will ensure everything is kept under wraps until the big reveal to the lucky individual.
If you are commissioning original artwork by John Ross Palmer, please contact us at (713) 392-6882 or via the form below. Including information about your desired style, budget and timeline would be very helpful.